Saturday, April 4, 2009

Book Review #18 and 19

18. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling Yes, I know this is a kid's book and that I may be one of the last people on Earth who hasn't read or seen this entire series. Over the past decade I've heard so much hype about Harry Potter and have actually had the first five books sitting on my bookshelf for years, but haven't read any of them until now. This book was exciting, fun and new. I found myself completely engrossed with Harry's life at Hogwart's and the mysteries of the Sorcerer's Stone. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series this week.

19. For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn The inner lives of men and their thoughts is deciphered in this book based on actual surveys and statistical data. It is written for women to understand men's secret desires, fears and daily battles. Not only does the author help us understand our men, but also guides us in how to support and love him in the way he needs to be loved. Some of the points in this book I already knew, but there several chapters were truly eye opening for me. This was a short book and worth a read if you want to better understand the inner working of your man's mind and learn tools to help you relate to him more.

No comments: