Saturday, March 28, 2009

Book review #14, 15 and 16

14. First Comes Love, then Comes Money by Bethany & Scott Palmer (Advanced copy) - I received this book from Harper Collin's First Look program to review. It's a funny story because they sent me an email to review the book, but I had not received the book at that time. I waited about three weeks and still no book. Well, last week, I was cleaning the dead weeds from around the house and what did I find? This book, delivered by UPS, sitting on my front doorstep that we never use. The package was weathered, but the book was fine.
This book provided no nonsense advice about how to communicate with your spouse about money. It also classified people by their views on money, spenders, savers, risk takers, etc. The book focused more on views about money and how to approach money in a relationship. This book won't be available until June 2009. Read it if you think it will help you.

15. Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet - This was a good, quick read. I sat down Thursday night and finished it in less than 2 hours. A young girl has an imaginary friend who disappears on her 9th birthday. Twenty three years later she finds an unexpected love and a wonderful, heartfelt twist at the end. This was a feel good book and a good love story. A nice light read.

16. MBA in a Book by Leslie Pockell - You can read my review of this book here. Also, enter to win your own copy on my other blog Mom Saves Money. I have 5 copies to give away and the contest ends March 31.

No comments: