Last weekend, Pete and I took a trip to Las Vegas and Disneyland. Pete had training this week in Irvine, California, so we just left a little early and I joined him for a weekend. It was nice since his expenses were already paid by his company, it made for a cheap vacation getaway for us. My folks watched the kids for us. I've never left Egan overnight before, but both the kids did great.
We landed in Orange County, CA around 10 am on Friday morning, grabbed the rental car and hit the long road to Las Vegas, over 250 miles. I learned the desert is one desolate and boring place. We saw lots of abandoned buildings, cars and even an old water park along the way. Lots of traffic, but not many cities or people living there.
We spent two days and two nights with Pete's sister, Jessica and Mark (they live in Vegas) and then headed back to CA for Disneyland on Sunday. I left Monday morning and Pete started his work training.


Pete thought this road had a crazy name. How would you even begin to pronounce Zzyzx?

Welcome to Nevada!!

The view of Las Vegas strip from the road.



This alien jerky place with caffeinated jerky was on the way. We stopped but weren't very impressed. The alien baby in the car seat really freaked me out. We did get some drive thru Greek food and had delicious fried zucchini.


No comments:
Post a Comment